Friday, August 24, 2012

Review: Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter

Hello Dolls! Today's review will be on the Revlon lip butters. I am totally loving these for summer, and I think they will be great for school, work, and any other day to day events where you don't want to carry around lipstick, gloss, and possibly even lip liner.


Let me state the claims that Revlon has stated from their website before going any further:
- Buttery Balm + Shiny Color
- Buttery balm with beautiful shiny color to give you baby soft, healthy glowing lips 94% of women felt lips were softer, smoother, and instantly hydrated
- Hydrating mango, Shea and coconut butter formula boosts lip moisture by 156%
- Pampering gel formula provides super charged hydration and glides on lips buttery smooth
- Sheer to medium colour with buttery shine
- Available in 20 luscious shades

From the claims it seems like a tinted lip balm but better, but I find it like a gloss in stick form. I feel like it makes my lips a bit softer, but not by 156% !!! That's a lot of percentage going on, ha! In the pictures below I did not wear any chap stick, and my lips look okay. I think with certain colors you need to put chap stick underneath to look perfect. HOWEVER, they really do go on "buttery smooth" and I like that. When you where lip balm underneath(I put it on every morning anyways) the lip butters are beyond amazing!  It does feel really nice on the lips(even without chap stick) and it is not sticky at all!

Lip 1: None
Lip 2: Creme Brulee
Lip 3: Strawberry Shortcake
They come in 20 different shades, which is a reasonable amount. Not too little, not too much. It is pigmented enough where you can see it on your lips, but it's shiny like a lip gloss which I really love. The coverage is awesome for the product. I knew it was not going to be super pigmented when I bought it so I was not disappointed at all. Obviously, the lighter colors were going to be more sheer and the darker colors were going to be medium coverage. It is not lipstick so it will not have rich rich color. Ranges from "Your lips, but better" to "medium coverage".
Overall, I personally love the lip butters. They run between $6-$7 depending where you live. I do have dryer lips so if you have moist lips you might not even need chap stick! I think they are so easy just to throw in your bag and go. No need to bring three products to reapply. It is pretty much fool proof to apply! You can add a lip liner or lipstick under the lip butters for even better pay off! As long as you know what you are going to be purchasing I don't think you will be disappointed at all! I give this Product 4 out of 5 hearts. I really love this product.

I hope you enjoyed this review! Please leave constructive criticism and what other products you would like to see reviewed! Don't forget to subscribe and bookmark this page for more (:

Be a Bombshell Baby,
KelseyCate

FTC: I purchased all these products and these are my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment