Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Review: Revlon Super Lustrous Lipsticks in Pink Pout

     Today's lipstick review will be the Revlon Super Lustrous Lipsticks in the color Pink Pout. I am actually not a huge lipstick or lip person in general, I usually just like my chap stick. However, this summer I have been getting really into "completing" my everyday looks. I got this lipstick about two weeks ago and I love it! I think it is the perfect everyday pink to complete any look.

The Claims:
-Infused with mega-moisturizers to seal in color and softness. Find your lip color amongst a dazzling array of 82 fabulous, fashionable shades!
- Exclusive LiquiSilk™ formula with mega-moisturizers seals in color and softness
- Silky-smooth, creamy texture
- Stay true color wears evenly

     This is a matte lipstick, so instead of the gold lining and shiny black tube, it is in a silver lining matte black tube. I do like the packaging a lot better than others. It seems more high quality to me. It is very creamy, and applies evenly. I don't find splotches of colors all over my lip like you would find in drugstore lipsticks(another reason why I am not a huge lips fan, but I'm getting there). Since it is a matte lipstick you want to make sure to fully exfoliate your lips and put chap stick on before the actual lipstick. Otherwise, you will look like your lips are flaking off. Which is never cute. 82 shades?! That is a TON. So everyone and anyone will find their perfect color.



     I think this shade could be universally flattering on everyone. It is not a super bright pink, yet it isn't a dark pink. Plus it isn't a weird nude color. Most nudes you can look dead or perfect in. On more fair skin tones it'll look more pink and most likely like mine, on more tans it'll look probably like a pinky nude, and on darker skin tones I think it will be the perfect light/bright pink. It won't be over kill on anyone. Most naturally light, tan , and dark skin tones have SIMILAR pigmentation's in the lips. But if you're an NC15 in the winter and become an NC30  in the summer, It might not look as great on you in the summer as it does in the winter. I am lighter than an NC15 for reference. NC and NW references are MAC coloring, and I find most people get matched there. I will do I whole thing on skin tones in another post.
     Overall, I love this product. It is a great consistency and I find it wears a good 4-6 hours before reapplying. It is around $7.99. It is very creamy and not dry at all. Very pigmented, and true to color just like the Claims, and my pictures have funky lighting, but it looks just like it does in the tube like
It does on my lips. The picture of my lips is accurate to the real color. Way to go Revlon! Revlon might be my go to lip color brand for the future (:

     I hope you enjoyed this post and be on the lookout for new reviews on all things beauty! Don't forget to subscribe and comment and questions and requests(:

Be a Bombshell Baby,
KelseyCate

FTC: I purchased all these products and these are my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment